.

.
Lily Lion Heart

Thursday 9 August 2012

Post from Windsor

This past Civic Day long weekend I spent in Windsor, my hometown. My Fathers' garden was a veritable pu pu platter of wildlife. The wildlife seen was the Ruby-throated Hummingbird both male and female, Hummingbird Hawk-Moth, Immature Red-tailed Hawk, White-breasted Nuthatch, American Goldfinch, Monarch and Eastern Swallowtail Butterflies. The common residents were the Sparrows, Cardinals, Robins, Mourning Doves, but certainly not to be diminished. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of the Nuthatch, Hawk or Goldfinch. I am always envious of the wildlife that frequents his garden year round. I have two hummingbird feeders with many lovely plants to further entice them, but they are elusive in my garden this year. I have not spotted one sipping the fruitful bounties of my nectar. Where are they?


Arum italicum ( berries)

Hummingbird Hawk-Moth ( Buddleia flowers)

Eastern Swallowtail

Female Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Male Ruby-throated Hummingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment